Before you decide that you want to go on a work placement/field Work
- Be aware that you can also spend your 3rd semester on the MA attending some of the profile or optional subjects offered across Arts or other faculties at AU, or studying at a foreign university. Please consult your academic regulations.
- Please register for the work placement/field work on your stads-self service on time.
Finding a work placement/field work
You basically have to go out and search for one yourself. Maybe you have some contacts you can pursue or maybe you know of an organization/work place where you would like to work. You can find information on work placement/field works by visiting AU Job and Project Bank.
- The application and acceptance procedures are specific to each individual company/organization/NGO. You will need to figure out those relevant to you yourself.
- The work placement/field work must be completed before the end of the semester to ensure that the Master’s thesis semester can commence on time.
- You cannot apply for a prolonging of the thesis period due to the work placement/field work period.
You can apply for travel grants even before you have found an work placement/field work position.
Find relevant deadlines and application forms.
Find an academic superviser and get an approval
- Once the host institution/organization/company of your work placement/field work has accepted you, you need to find an academic supervisor and apply to have the work placement/field work accepted as a valid International Studies MA work placement/field work.
- Send the person you would like to be your supervisor a short email describing the work placement/field work place, length and content. If they accept to be your supervisor, fill out the form “Work placement/field work Agreement” and ask the supervisor for a signature.
You can contact one of the full-time lecturers at the department (Global Studies). You can also choose among the lecturers from the collaborating Department of Business and Social Sciences (Political Science).