As an MSc in Economics and Business Administration student it is possible to apply for a change of programme. You can only switch to a programme with vacant places.
The application deadline is 15th September at 23.59.
To apply for a change of programme, you must:
- Log in to mitstudie.au.dk
- Submit an application for an exemption
If you wish to to change programme after 15th September, you must withdraw your registration and re-apply for admission. We do not recommend it, as it may have many consequences to deregister from your current programme and apply again.
You should be aware that:
- You can apply for admission to another programme. However, you need to be aware of the rules that will have an impact on your new enrollment
- You can find application deadlines and procedure for application on the website www.kandidat.au.dk
- Changing your degree programme will also have an impact on your student grant (SU). You must contact SU for guidance on this.
- You must be aware that the courses in which you have used exam attempts, will be transferred to the new programme, if you are admitted again.
- Admission to a new programme requires that the courses from the previous programme can either be inserted as an elective course or must be able to replace a mandatory course. Some courses on different programmes may have an academic overlap without there being equivalence between the courses. In this case, the courses will not be transferable. Courses in which you have passed or used examination attempts are often transferred as electives in the 3rd semester of the new programme. This means that you will not have the opportunity to go on an exchange or choose the project-oriented course on the new programme.
- You must also be particularly aware that the transferred courses (i.e. courses in which you have used exam attempts) could be cancelled from the program when you reach your 3rd semester of the new programme. If this is the case, you will not be able to complete your education. It is therefore important that you stay informed about the last exam option on transferred courses etc.
- Your maximum study time on the new programme will be re-calculated based on how much and which elements you are missing from the degree programme.
- Check whether there is restricted admission to the degree programme. Restricted admission means that you are not guaranteed admission, when you apply again, even if you meet the admission requirements. Here, you can read more about selection criteria. Restricted admission is announced at kandidat.au.dk
- You can only use your legal right to enrollment in a degree progamme once. Your admission options depend on the points above, and how many other applicants are applying for admission the year in question.
There may be several consequences / risks for you, which we cannot take into account in advance.