Nordplus - the faculty network

Every year Aarhus University applies for Nordplus funding for scholarships for study abroad. The Nordplus scholarships are given to AU students who are going to be studying at one of Aarhus University's partner universities within the Nordplus or Nordlys programmes.

You must have completed at least one year of your degree programme before going abroad to study. Your stay abroad must be eligible for credit transfer and be counted as part of your studies at AU. The stay abroad must be for a period of 1-12 months. You can spend several periods studying abroad under Nordplus, but scholarships are normally limited to a maximum of 12 months.

When and how do I apply for a Nordplus/nordlys scholarship?

Once you have been nominated for a student place under the Nordplus or Nordlys programme, you are automatically considered for a Nordplus/Nordlys scholarship, and you therefore do not have to apply for the scholarship.

How large are the scholarships?

The scholarship consists of a monthly allowance of approx. EUR 150 and, subject to the availability of funding, a contribution towards travel expenses. The size of any travel allowance will depend on where you are going.

Special rules pertaining to Nordplus

When you travel under a Nordplus agreement, the scholarship will not necessarily be disbursed by either Aarhus University or your host university. The scholarship may come from a third university responsible for administering the funds for your programme network. You can ask your coordinator which university you will receive information and contracts from.

If you are travelling under the Nordplus Political Science or Media and Communication agreement, your stipend will be disbursed by Aarhus University. You will receive further information by email.

Special rules pertaining to Nordlys

Under the Nordlys agreements, the International Centre is responsible for allocating student places and disbursing scholarships. You will receive further information by email.


When you return home, you must submit a Confirmation of Enrolment, confirmed by your host university, and your final learning agreement. If you do not submit documentation of your stay, you will be asked to pay your scholarship back.

You must submit your documentation to the university which has disbursed your scholarship.