Updated version of AU Evacuate now available
AU’s evacuation app AU Evacuate is now ready for use following last week’s ransomware attack. The app has undergone a number of security updates and can now be downloaded from App Store and Google Play.
Why should I install the app?
AU Evacuate is a supplement to Aarhus University’s existing emergency response. The app provides you with relevant information on your smartphone in critical situations.
All students and employees at Aarhus BSS are encouraged to install AU Evacuate so that together we can ensure the safety of ourselves and others.
What do I need to do?
- If you have installed the previous version of AU Evacuate, start by deleting this version of the app from your smartphone.
- Download AU Evacuate in App Store or Google Play.
- Follow the instructions in the app.
- Go the app’s settings and enter name, add channels and, if relevant, select areas (remember to add your name to be able to get IT support).
- The app is now ready for use.
I don’t have a smartphone - what do I do?
If you do not have a smartphone with iOS or Android, you can choose to receive SMS and/or email notifications from AU Evacuate by registering at the website here.
If you have previously registered as a user of AU Evacuate at the website, you need to register again in order to receive SMS and/or email notifications. Register here.
If you need help installing AU Evacuate or registering as a user at the website, please contact Aarhus BSS IT support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to know more about AU Evacuate, please contact Aarhus BSS Building Services:
Peter Bachmann Vestergaard