When you start at Aarhus University you can help yourself by going through this list of "need-to-do" and "need-to-know," which you should look at the first weeks of you study programme.
- Order your student ID card via Self service.
- Learn about AU’s self-service system, where you, among a lot of things, can change your password, gain access to your student email or study plans and register (or de-register) for exams.
- It is very important that you find your student ID (matriculation number) before you begin your study as you will need this during the introduction week and for the entire study. You can find your student ID at mystudies.au.dk under “Personal Information”.
- Check and set up your AU email
- Make sure that you have admission to your online learning system Brightspace
- My studies (mitstudie.au.dk) is your personalised portal, which gathers all study-related systems and provides you with an overview of your teaching, announcements and events - and you only need to log in once.
- Check admission to wireless network. You need to use the Eduroam network (requires AU ID).
- Make sure that you have admission to the buildings (student ID card as key card)
- Check your timetable for when your classes are starting
- Make sure that you can copy/print
- Create a user account at AU Library
- Buy your books and compendiums to the first semester in BSS Books. You will find the required materials in either in the course catalog or in Brightspace.
- Read the pre-arrival guide for full degree students coming to Aarhus University.
Check the above to be sure that you are ready to start on your study programme. You might also need the following "need-to-know" functions.
- Explore the possibilities of using study spaces and other facilities at BSS
- Explore your study portal
- Learn about your courses and exam requirements in the curriculum in the course catalog or in Brightspace.
- Get to know Aarhus BSS Student Services
- Get to know Building Services.
- Please note that for digital exams, your computer must meet the specified system requirements. Your computer should not be more than three years old, and it must be born with Windows 7 (PC) or Mac OS X (Mac) in order for you to be able to use it for a digital exam. To read more about the system requirements and digital exams.
- Activate your free membership to the career and alumni network.
Don’t miss out on career events at Aarhus BSS/Aarhus University. Activate your membership to receive event invitations and job offers (student jobs, internships, full-time jobs) throughout your studies.
You’ll also get lots of useful advice on how to get in touch with what might be your future employer. Activate your membership.