As a student at Aarhus University, you have free access to the AU course on data protection (GDPR) for students.
About the course
- The course is a part of AU's digital strategy and aims at promoting your digital competencies through knowledge of data protection and instruction in how you can navigate your way through your study programmes in a data responsible manner.
- As a university student, you will find yourself processing data in a wide range of contexts – in teaching sessions, in collection of survey data, in sound recordings of interviews, or in clinical placements or internships. In all these situations, it is important that you know how to process data responsibly, with a particular focus on the protection of personal data.
- This course gives you a general introduction to the rules for the protection of personal data and the general guidelines for data protection at Aarhus University (AU).
- The course is a module-based online course, with four basic modules: Ethics and Digitalisation, GDPR, Data processing and Security and IT equipment at AU. The modules consist of reading matter, illustrations, short films and activities.
- Once all the basic modules are completed, there is a final quiz to test your knowledge on all the different course themes. If you obtain at least 80% correct answers, you can generate a certificate that shows that you have completed the course satisfactorily.
- The course has been designed by the Centre for Educational Development at Aarhus University (CED) in collaboration with representatives from AU's faculties, AU Student Administration and Services and AU's Data Protection Unit.
Access the course in English below or find it in “Resources” at Brightspace.