Delay and inactivity

Are you delayed in your studies?

If you are enrolled in a degree programme at Faculty of Natural Sciences or Faculty of Technical Sciences and are delayed in your studies, you have the option of having a counselling session by the Student Counselling.

If you are delayed by 30 ECTS or more, Student Counselling will contact you to offer a counselling session about your studies. Among other things, it can be about clarifying your current academic situation, what options you have, or whether there are special circumstances you need to be aware of in regard to your delay.

Student Counselling sends out invitations to counselling sessions regarding delays twice a year; in October and in April. You are always welcome to contact Student Counselling if you need counselling about your course of study. You can find all relevant information in the menu under "Student Counselling".   

Haven't you been active in 12 months?

As a student, you are subjected to the requirement of active enrolment. To have an active enrolment, you must have passed an exam within the past 12 months. It is not enough to have participated in a course or used an examination attempt.

If you fail to pass an exam within a coherent period of 12 months, you will no longer be regarded as actively enrolled and you can be withdrawn from your degree programme by the university.

Exams passed at other universities, including universities outside Denmark, count as active enrolment when you get credit transfer for them. Please note that exams, for which credits have been transferred in connection with a change of academic regulations, do not count as active enrolment.

You must apply for credit transfer in connection with admission to your degree programme or immediately after completion of a stay abroad, credit module, or equivalent.

If you have received full exemption from the active enrolment requirement, or if you are on leave, your enrolment is put on hold.

Procedure for inactivity checks

Inactivity checks are performed twice a year; in October and in April. In addition, random checks will be continuously carried out all year round.

NOTE: You must always comply with the rule about maximum duration of study as well as all other activity rules and requirements for your degree programme.