Whether you are currently enrolled or prospective student at Aarhus University, you can contact the SU Office for guidance and processing of applications for SU support, including parental support, supplementary SU portions, Youth Cards, and travel allowances. We also award scholarships for studying abroad and various grants.

Please feel free to check out our many guides on the website so you can quickly get assistance!

Current announcements

To receive SU you need to be actively studying

The payments of your SU is conditional upon passing a sufficient number of ECTS credits in your education. If your SU has been stopped, it means you are significantly delayed in your studies. Before the stop, you would have received a letter for consultation, informing you of the number of ECTS credits you need to pass.

Once you have passed the number of ECTS credits specified in the letter, you can apply to have your SU reinstated. You must apply to have your SU reinstated in minSU, and you can apply from the month you pass the missing ECTS credits.

If you are missing ECTS credits due to exams or credits from previous studies (merit), you should contact your academic advisor. If the delay is due to illness or other special circumstances, you can apply for supplementary monthly payments.

Power of attorney

If you need others to make decisions or take action regarding your SU (state educational grant) situation, you must send a power of attorney to the Danish Students’ Grants and Loans Scheme Office. Click here for a power of attorney (PDF).