If you are blind or suffer from low vision/ vision loss you can apply for different types of support, depending on the degree and type of your disability.
The special educational support could consist of:
- Investigation of your need for support and instruction in assistive aids at the Institute for Blind and Visually Impaired (IBOS)
- IT Assistive devices such as an IT start package for blind or visually impaired, low vision device for seeing blackboard, CCTV etc.
- Access to electronic academic materials at Nota student service
- Secretary hours (e.g., to help with notetaking)
- Vision consultant hours for mobility and orientation training (only for blind students)
If you already have assistive devices from a former education, we can apply for your loan of these to be prolonged to cover all your time at Aarhus University.