The Danish Students’ Grants and Loans Scheme (SU) Office at Aarhus University provides guidance and processes applications for grants and loans, Youth Travel Cards and mileage allowance, as well as scholarships to study abroad for all current and future students at Aarhus University.

Current announcements

In March, the Agency for SU has conducted a study activity control. If you receive a letter in your e-box informing you that your SU will stop due to lack of study activity, you can read about your options here. Lack of study activity means that you have not passed enough ECTS points compared to the number of SU portions that you have received.

You can see your study progression at minSU - ”Se din SU – Studiefremdrift”.


If your SU is stopped due to lack of study activity and it is not due to illness or special circumstances that you have been granted extra SU portions for, you can re-apply for SU when you have passed the number of ECTS-points mentioned in the letter that you have received.

An example: If you pass the ECTS points mentioned in the letter, in June, you can re-apply for SU in June. Your application will be approved when we can see that the ECTS-points have been registered on STADS.  Notice that you have to re-apply for SU on “minSU” by the end of the month, where you want to receive SU – “minSU/RET DIN SU/Genoptag SU”. If you want to apply for June, you must apply no later than 30 June.

COVID-19 og SU

If you have any enquiries regarding SU and the current covid-19 situation, please find your answer here at the news page. Please note that any enquiries about equal status, your working status etc. must be forwarded to Uddannelses og Forskningsstyrelsen

New contact form

You must contact the SU office via our mail form

The SU office will answer all inquiries to your AU study email.

Decisions will continue to be sent to your e-box.

You will find the mail form on our contact page. 

New application for foreign citizens applying for equal status with Danish citizens

As of 17 June 2020 you must use a new digital solution to apply for equal status with Danish citizens. You can access the application for equal status by clicking on the receipt page you get when you have applied for SU in minSU. If you already applied for SU, you can access the application for equal status in minSU, under Søg SU > Application for equal status (foreign citizens) 

Please note: Your application cannot be processed until you have correctly registered your personal identification (Danish CPR. no.) number in the study administration system. You can register here   

If you need others to make decisions or take action regarding your SU (state educational grant) situation, you must send a power of attorney to the Danish Students’ Grants and Loans Scheme Office. Click here for a power of attorney (PDF).