Types of exchange agreements

Europe/the Nordic Region

Agreements covering specific study areas

If you are considering a study abroad semester in Europe/the Nordic Region, you can apply for exchange via our ERASMUS+/Nordplus exchange agreements.

ERASMUS+/Nodplus exchange agreements are local agreements between two departments at two universities within a specific study area.

If you are applying for a spot under one of these agreements, you are obligated to earn your ECTS within the framework of the relevant agreement. For example, if you study Italian, you are obligated to apply for and enroll in classes corresponding to 30 ECTS in Italian.

You can only choose to apply for exchange under an agreement covering your own study area.

Faculty-wide agreements

The only exception to this rule is ERASMUS+ agreements comprising more than one study area.

The same applies to the Nordlys-network, which is inter-disciplinary and may be a good option if there is no local Nordplus agreement within your particular study area.

Overseas exchange agreements

Overseas exchange agreements may be local - just like ERASMUS+/Nordplus agreements, cf. above.

Faculty-wide agreements

However, the majority of the overseas exchange agreements comprises more than one study area and are thus more comprehensive than ERASMUS+/Nordplus exchange agreements.

These exchange agreements are typically between two faculties at two universities and cover several of the study areas at the faculties in question.

University-wide agreements

Overseas agreements may also be entered into at university-level and comprise all study areas unless otherwise specified under the individual agreements.