The Basal gang is the students' council for the Cognitive Science BA and MSc programme and the Cognitive Semiotics MSc programme.
The Basal Gang(lia) is a group of subcortical nuclei (=members) responsible for the motor control of the various limbs (=organizations) in the Cognitive Science and Semiotics studies.
It also plays a role in:
- Motor learning = collecting experience from organizations.
- Executive functions = facilitating decision making processes and communication with other University bodies.
- Emotional behaviors = facilitating a healthy study environment.
- Reward and reinforcement = dividing and providing funds for organizations and events.
- Addictive behaviours = making students want to join the monthly meetings.
- Habit formation = creating cool traditions.
Every form of communication in the Basal Gang should be in English or at least with an English translation as we represent international studies.