Temporary enrolment for master programme

Rules regaring temporary master's enrollment for AU-students on BSc Economics and Business Administration

NB: Students from professional bachelor's degree programmes (i.e. Global Management and Manufacturing) cannot apply for temporary enrollment to a Master's programme.

To be considered for admission to a Master’s programme, you must have completed a relevant Bachelor’s programme or other corresponding Danish or international education.

If you have not yet completed your qualifying programme when you apply for admission to the Master’s programme, you may request an exemption allowing you concurrent enrollment in both the qualifying Bachelor’s programme and the Master’s programme. A concurrent enrollment can, however, only be granted to applicants who are enrolled in a Bachelor's degree programme at Aarhus University.

  • You can only apply for temporary enrolment if you take your Bachelor’s degree programme at Aarhus University, and you have applied for admission on the Master's degree programme within the deadlines.

Master’s degree programmes with restricted admission, including the Master’s degree programmes that have been resized, only grant temporary enrolment to Bachelor’s degree students who have a legal right of admission, cf. § 10 (3) in AU’s rules on admission. 

Exemption for such temporary concurrent enrollment will be granted only on the condition that special circumstances apply, and only if the Director of Studies finds that you possess the academic qualifications that are required to complete the Bachelor’s programme while also completing courses in the Master’s programme. 

You can register for participation in courses and examinations for up to 30 ECTS credits in the Master’s programme. You cannot be enrolled in the Master’s programme before you have completed and passed all examinations of the Bachelor’s programme.

This also means that you are not eligible to receive educational support (SU) from the Danish Education Support Agency for the Master’s programme before you hold your Bachelor’s degree. Even if you are temporarily enrolled in both the Bachelor’s and the Master’s programme, you are entitled to receive only the state support which has been allocated for your Bachelor’s programme, i.e. 36+12 monthly grants and loans (or ‘vouchers’) in total, while completing your Bachelor’s degree programme.